02 March 2010

My bento boxes are here!

I was so happy to receive this! :D This is a first view of my box:



It's a 2 layered bento box with the capacity of 610 ml (top tier 380, bottom tier230) microwaveable and adorable to my eyes. I couldn't have been happier with it. Here's a better image of the tiers:


I didn't just get one for me tho. Here's the one for my bf:


It doesn't have bunnies but it comes with a casing with a pair of chopsticks inside. Also microwaveable and with 2 tiers, it's a bit bigger than mine of course, total value being 830ml ( top tier 390ml, bottom tier 440ml). He liked it a lot, now I just have to put them to use!


* on a sidenote I was happy to be able to read and identify from the boxes the "top" and "bottom"so I could specify the capacity of each one, I know it's just 2 kanji, but it still made me happy.


One downside of this was, I realized how much I need a tamagoyaki frying pan and I'm still not sure where to get it, so I don't think I'll be using the bento boxes much for now. I know I could put other things in there, but I'd like to try the more traditional ones and then, drift to my own imagination. Expect to see the old tupperwares sometimes when there's food that can stain the bento boxes or food that is a mix of one thing like the stir-fry I made yesterday.

*goes off to her new adventure in search for the tamagoyaki frying pan*

3 comments:

  1. Your new boxes are lovely! Where did you buy them from?
    I have been wondering about a tamagoyaki pan and have decided for now, just to keep using my regular round omelette pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'll be eating the already good food in a nice box! Wohoo! *Grins*

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so pretty!

    Inspired to make bento just from looking at them! :)

    ReplyDelete