18 August 2010

Mango & milk jello

Hi everyone!

I'm currently experimenting with agar-agar jelly on various things: milk, kiwis, chocolate, and so on.
It's an easy way to make a dessert that is sweet and refreshing at this time of the year.
Yesterday I tried not to make the jelly so stiff. Agar-agar is a lot "harder" than normal jelly, I'd been experimenting the amounts so as not to make it too hard nor too soft.

I ended up with this:

 For 12 silicone cupcake cups:
- 250ml boiling water with 1/2 tsp agar-agar flakes;
- 50ml milk;
- 1 sweet fresh mango.

I blended the milk with the mango, then slowly mixed in the boiling water with agar-agar and poured it onto the cups. Put them in the refrigerator and they'll be done in about 1h.

Nothing else to report, neither me or my bf need the lunches to go, but I'll be gathering some new recipes for when we do need them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment